Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I must be doing something right!





Alirght, so I dont mean to sound like Im perfect or anything, BUT...you see, Im at church about 6 out of 7 nights a week...and about 4 of those (including Jr. Band) Im involved with kids. And growing up with all these role models come in and out of my life, all from church...I decided that I want to be a role model (thats so not the right word!) for the kids in my life. Umm...one kid, everytime he sees me, it's "COURTNEY!!!!" and he boots it across the room to give me a hug...haha...actually, I got up to pray a couple weeks ago...and Im in the middle of my prayer, and all of the sudden I hear this really loud "I JUST WANT TO GIVE COURTNEY A HUG!" Sure enough, I glance down off the platform, and there Geoffrey trying to squirm away from his mom trying to run up and give me a hug. And then like....when I teach sunday school all these kids come up and tell me about there week and stuff, and their families etc. And this one young lady (I cant call her a kid anymore, she's 13, I think *tear*) sits with me all the time at church, and along with her friend May. Last but not least, these 2 kids in Jr band started fighting over which of them was gonna billet with me when we go to Drumheller. I don't know, but I must be influencing these kids in some way if all this is going on. But I have to say, I wont ever let anyone take my kids away from me!!

~Court~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're great Courtney. You have such an influence on all those little kids, so it is so important to keep it up. You have so much to offer these kids. They need good role models so don't give up.
Love ya lots. Mom

Tammy Williams said...

I agree with your mom - keep being there for the kids and in return, you will learn so much about life. Kids tend to influence you in a way that no one else can.

And a big hello to your mom, Char!

Tammy

Jenn said...

Hey Court. Thats great that you are involved in Childrens live. It's amazing the impact that you will have on them. What a great role model for them to have . Keep doing Gods work.Love Jenn