Monday, May 29, 2006

YC 2006




Well, my family and Simone went to YC 2006 in Edmonton this weekend. It was one of the best experiences of my life. 16 000 other Christian people all praising God. Amazing. Soo many good times with my friends too! We didnt know soo many people we knew were gonna be there, but we ended up hanging out with a few people, and it was awesome. I accidentally threw my slurpee at Krystal yesterday. And yes, it honestly was an accident. I went to pretend to throw something at her and forgot my slurpee was in my hand, haha....just happened it be the one time I've ever had a slurpee with no lid, SORRY KRYSTAL! But yeah, it was really was amazing. The God stuff and being with friends. One thing I found cool, was that saturday night, the Oilers one (which really sucks!) and the whole place went crazy, everyone was screaming, and everything and that lasted about 2 minutes ish. Then Chris Tomlin got up to do his concert and after every song God got a louder cheer. And it was amazing to see everyone so excited and enthusiastic about God.

I'm gonna share some points miles Mcpherson shared with us.

There was a tight rope walker over niagra falls, and he asked the crowd if they believed he could carry a barrel full of sand across the tight rope, and of course, everyone said yes...and so he called a kid up, and said if you believe in me so much, get in the barrel, and he dumped the sand out. If you didnt catch the point, its to say that we're not just supposed to say we believe and hope he doesnt make us do anything scary or big, but be ready and willing to do anything and go anywhere.

A party when Christians are sharing with non-Christians its called a marty (said with a british accent). Its called a marty because of matthew 9:9-13.

Bible =

Basic
Instruction
Before
Leaving
Earth

There was a lot more as well, but I dont want to make this TOOOO long.

We saw bands such as:
Hawk Nelson
Thousand foot krutch (tfk)
Audio Adrenaline
Newsboys
Grits
Chris Tomlin
and Tree 63 provided the worship.

At the Chris Tomlin concert I experienced the weirdest thing ever. I felt something telling me to fall to my knees, and I hesitated for a while, trying to figure out if God was actually telling me to do it, then I finally did it and something came over me, I felt like...a new person. Maybe what I needed to do to help my spiritual life (as other posts have mentioned, my struggle with devotions etc) was to listen to God and do what he says, and ever since then I feel like I did when I gave my life to God when I was 13. Its Amazing. God is the most amazing God ever.

I just wanted to share a few of my experiences. Hopefully I'll get some more pics from Sarah, and post them.

Love ya'll (Krystal, I'm a black person!)
Court

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Court, I'm so happy you had an awesome time at yc. It sure brings back memories for me when I use to go. I loved it.

ally said...

hey court,
yes it was a good weekend. And...I have a question for you ;)

Courtney said...

Yes Darling, I will take you to my leader

Faith said...

BASIC
INSTRUCTION
BEFORE
LEAVING
EARTH!!!
I forgot bout that thanks for sharing about YC

sarah said...

The pics are in my blog

Anonymous said...

I prayed for the Chris Tomlin concert. I wish I could tell you how much your "fall to my knees" paragraph means to me.