Thursday, March 16, 2006

Then I cried.....again

OK....so, I found out that DYB is cancelled this weekend, and I was sooo upset, and mad, but I started crying (weird, I know)...I dont usually cry over stuff like that, but it was at camp, which, lets be honest, I feel like camp, is more my home, then my actual home is, it means the world to me, and I havent been there since october, and then they cancelled winter weekend on us, so this was supposed to somewhat replace winter weekend (although it wouldnt come close), and I found out yesterday it was cancelled. I wasnt happy, THEN, I went to a play at my school, my Drama teacher from last semester, who everyone has the highest respect for...he was the main character...It was the play Teusdays with Morrie, I dont know if anyones heard of it. But its about this guy who has ALS, and one of his students from like....16 year before found out that he had ALS, and went and visited him...on a teusdays, and then the next teusday, and so on and so forth. But, I almost cried, because....My drama Teacher is in a wheel chair himself...but he doesnt have ALS...but we could all tell that he was in pain, a lot more than just the pain he was acting. There was some obvious pain there....and he got out of his chair and danced, I was shocked. He can walk a little....for about 10 minutes at a time...the disks in his back are Deteriorating, and its so sad. But anyways, I was proud, I didnt cry all through the play, and not a lot of other people can say that...and then he did his thank-you's at the end, and said his friend, Vic Peters (who had ALS) died last night, and I lost it. See....I'd never met Vic Peters, but Mr. P (my teacher) talked so highly of him, and we were supposed to meet him at the play, I never realized I held him so close to my heart, I cant believe he's gone. If you could, could you please take a minute to pray for his family, and my teacher, Mr P. If not, its all good, but yeah.

Thanks,
Court

2 comments:

Tammy Williams said...

Such a sad story about your teacher!

~m said...

wow . . . wow. praying.