Friday, October 13, 2006

I guess its time...

My family is leaving my church. We are still remaining in the army, just not at the particular church. Now, it may not seem like that big of a deal, but...my family has been in this church for 35 years. And nearly every one of those years, at least one of my family members were involved in at least one thing. There is not a year of my life where I haven't been at the church more than once a week. I'm always there at least 2 or 3 days, not including sunday. But there have been circumstances that have made it difficult to attend. I realized it was time when every time I entered the building, I would be filled with fear, or anger, or maybe a bit of both. I am extremely upset about leaving, but at this point I know that south meadows is the best solution. I need a church that I'm going to get spiritually fed, and because of these circumstances I haven't been fed at glenmore. This is probably one of the hardest, and scariest decisions I have made. I did have the choice to remain at glenmore, but I thought it would be best for my relationship with Jesus to leave. I hesitated posting this for nearly 2 weeks. Im not sure, maybe Im afraid to actually admit that we're leaving, because if I say it, it has to be real, or something like that. I realize that sounds just plain silly, but yeah. So this is my farewell post to glenmore temple. I will miss it so.

Court

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will miss your family, Courtney, but I understand.
Char

Caity said...

Hey our family did the same thing with our old church and since we've been going to KCF it's been amazing! I love my "new"(been there a year now) church! God knows that this is the right thing for your fam so just keep your head up:) bye kiss kiss Caity

Lindsay said...

Court, we'll certainly miss you, and you know that you'll always be a part of my family, even if we're not attending the same church. Love you!

ScaryGuy said...

Hey Courtney,
I realize this is a hard thing to go through, but I have great faith that the Lord directs His work here on earth - and we don't always understand His leading (at least I don't). You have a great heart for people - continue to keep it that way. I know that God is going to use you in whatever ministry you undertake. We'll miss you, but I also know you're still helping out at Glenmore and we appreciate it.
Kerry

Carly_bee said...

Awwww Hun
I still remember how sad I was at my last churc service ta my home church before I left for NF and I also remmeber very clearly how scared I was the first time I walked into St Johns temple . . . Oh my but just remember hun your not doing it alone!!