Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Salvation

So, I had to do devotions for Jr. Band and I just finished, and I thought I'd share it with you. So here it is...


Definition of Salvation - a source, cause, or means of being saved or protected from harm, risk

Job 13:16 16This will be my salvation, that the godless shall not come before him.

I was watching a movie at school about Martin Luther. In this movie, Martin Luther said a quote that really stuck out to me. The quote was “Salvation can exist outside the church, but not outside the lord” and it really made me think. First of all, I started by thinking, is the statement true? Then I came to the conclusion that it is true. Think about it, Church is a tool, not a necessity. If someone has a personal relationship with God, and is whole heartily pursuing that relationship, but has been hurt by the church, or can’t make to church very often for some reason, they still have Salvation. You can’t just have Salvation in church, you have to live it, and breathe it. It has to be real, not just a church thing; it has to exist outside the church.

However, a church can have no salvation, if the members in the church have no Salvation personally. If a church is full of members who don’t have that personal relationship, Salvation doesn’t exist in the church or in the lord. If people are going to church to make themselves feel better about there life, chances are, they don’t have true salvation.

If people are just in church because they’ve been raised in church, they’ve been dragged along to church their whole life, that doesn’t give them salvation right off the bat. They have to have that relationship with God; otherwise, their salvation doesn’t exist at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very well said, Courtney. I totally agree.
Char J