Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Oh! it is love

So….Im just gonna be straight up. It hit me today that War College is done in a couple days. Do you realize how scary that is? I go home on Sunday and then on to Chicago. My mind keeps thinking that I’m only gonna be away from Vancouver and 614 for a short time, like…a break…or summer assignment, and then I’ll be back but thus far that’s not in the plans. And that makes me very sad. About 4 hours ago my heart filled with great sadness. I know that the Lord has great things in store for me…but I don’t want to have to say good-bye. I just love everyone here so much, and my love has grown so much as well in the last little while. I’ve never been good at good-byes....but I feel like this is harder than the typical good-byes that I’ve had to say before. I had a conversation with a friend of mine today about how I cover stuff up with humor…and I do that too often. I literally sat here and thought about something funny to say…but then realized…I cant do that….because Im sitting here listening to my “sad-sies” playlist on itunes with a very sad feeling in my heart…so funny shouldn’t be something on my mind right now.

To all of 614 and war college who is reading this. I love you all. You have helped the Lord make me stronger in many ways and you have shown me a lot about the body of Christ, and shown me a lot of support in a lot of different areas.

Thank you.

No comments: