Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Glory to God

2 Timothy 2:22
Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.


We were in the gardening again today. We prayed this verse in the garden. I've decided that Wednesday morning gardening is one of my favorite things at the moment. It's great! My favorite part is weeding, and pulling the weeds. Often times, I use that time to reflect on how it's like sin. Sometimes, you get weeds that have really short roots, and are really easy to pull out, and other times you have weeds that have been growing for a really long time and you need to use a shovel and dig them out, and it takes a lot of work. Sometimes we have sins that are keeping us from growing into the beautiful person that the Lord desires us to be. Sometimes the sins are really small and if you recognize them, they're pretty easy to get rid of, and other times we've been doing the same sin for so long, sometimes not realizing it was a sin and other times knowing full well that it was a sin and just choosing to ignore it, and then we see the light and feel the need to change, it takes a lot of work to get it out. But we have to make sure we're willing to put in whatever effort it takes to get rid of those weeds in our lives. We need to see what and where the weeds are in our lives so that we can cleanse ourselves of them and make ourselves the beautiful people that the Lord desires us to be.

Side note: Dominic and Noah came to the garden about halfway through. It was really great.One of my favorite parts was, Dominic came over to me and asked if he could help, so I gave him my little shovel thing and he was trying so hard to dig up the weeds...It was so awesome. Then he'd get some weeds up and throw them into the wheel barrow where we were throwing them and he'd get so excited that he was helping. And he and Noah were the "scarecrows" chasing after all the pigeons that came into the garden. Theres just something about gardening and seeing all the plantlife and stuff thats growing and having kids around thats a real special thing.

Thats my reflection on todays gardening.

1 comment:

Charmaine said...

I had never thought of the Spiritual side of gardening. Great analogy. I still don't like gardening....it's the getting my hands dirty....but I may have to try to spiritualize my gardening a bit....maybe I'll start to enjoy it too. I love you and how you are learning from God. Keep on growing, Courtney.