Tuesday, April 07, 2009

2 Corinthians 5

I wrote this early one morning, I hope it makes sense.

Oh man. There is so much stuff in 2 Corinthians 5. It’s packed with stuff! It’s definitely a chapter where you need to be able to focus. If you don’t fully focus you won’t pick out a lot of stuff. I was tired the first time I read it, so I’m going to try to read it more and more and see what I pick out each time.

It talks about a lot of different things. The first thing I picked out was that all of our possessions on earth are going to fade away. It says that the earthly tent we live in will be destroyed, but we have a building from God, and eternal house in heaven, that wasn’t built by human hands. When the Lord comes back, all of our stuff will no longer be with us, but we’ll be beyond satisfied with the things we have in heaven. I think this verse is an encouragement to really be who we say we are, and really be followers of Christ. Christ wouldn’t live his life for the stuff he can store up, but rather the people he can get saved for the betterment of the kingdom.

It talks about how we should “walk by faith, not by sight”. We hear this a lot, but what do we really think of it? What do we really hear when we hear that verse? I didn’t see Jesus raise from the dead, but I know he did. I have faith in the word of the Lord and trust that that is what happened. I can’t see the physical body of Christ from where I’m sitting right now, but I can know he’s here with me. He never leaves me.

“Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others” – We need to earnestly and actively seek the Lord, and yearn for his fear to be in us. It doesn’t just naturally come to us so we can deliver it to others. We need to go deeper with the Lord and know how to properly evangelize so that there will be only truth in the world when it comes to the kingdom, and the Lord.

No comments: