Friday, April 17, 2009

4 months...

Oh man...I came to the realization last night that we only have 4 months of War College left. 4 months! 2 of that is on summer assignment, so we only have 2 months left in Vancouver! Thats a scary, yet exciting, thought. It's been a great 8 months. Lots of tears, lots of laughs, lots of meltdowns but a crazy amount of support through it all. It's been an amazing time so far...Im excited to see what the Lord has in store for the next 4 months, and beyond.

I reconnected with a friend this week. A friend that I've had my struggles with and cried some tears over, but I've grown and from the sounds of things, she has too. The Lord has really been talking to me about forgiveness and how I can't move past the point Im at right now if Im holding a grudge. I've really been focusing on forgiving those who have wronged me in the past, and also focusing on not making myself the victim in those situations, and in situations that are going to come my way. Instead of making it all their fault, also finding the things I could have done better to prevent things because in every altercation there are at least 2 people involved and 2 people at fault for at least some of it.

I've been continuing to run at 6 14 in the morning with chub club. Lately it's just been Nicole and I, but it's been really cool to hang out with her in that way...and I've noticed my self-esteem has been boosted a bit more since I started running, which is cool. It's also a cool way to connect with the Lord. When i run in Crab park and I look and see the mountains and stuff its just so beautiful.

The Lord has really been speaking to me about humility and being humble in the things that I do. Im in the process right now of searching for areas in myself where I may be prideful or areas that Im just not humble enough in. It's a really hard thing to have to come to terms with when you realize your being prideful in areas of your life, but after you've found it, caught a hold of it and let it go its sooo much better!


Well, thats about it!

Courtney

P.S the Lord has also been speaking to me about life, and this is a representation of life in the DTES, where a lot of people only see death.

No comments: