Thursday, March 19, 2009

God is Just

My friend is dying of cancer and aids

But God is still Just

My friends dad is going to Prison

But God is still Just

There are women being exploited, and they think its empowering to them

But God is still Just

There are friends shooting other friends up while they're passed out

But God is still Just

There are people dying all around me

But God is still Just


God is a Just God. The song God of Justice has been really big for me the last couple of days. When it says "we must go, live to feed the hungry, stand beside the broken, we must go. Stepping forward, keep us from just singing. Move us into action, we must Go". Yesterday, I was sitting in a session at RAW with Leighanne, and the speaker, Rochelle McAlister (who was an amazing speaker...PS) mention how the Average age expectancy of death in Canada is 80.4. When she said that, Leighanne looked at me and burst into tears and so I sat with her for quite a while just holding her while she cried. It was a beautiful moment, but heartbreaking at the exact same time.

God is Just, even if the world is not.

No comments: