Thursday, April 03, 2008

Dont get all up in my grill, cause im a Jesus girl

So yesterday, in my leadership class....I had a near confrontation. We were doing this thing about superheroes...and we had to write 8 fictional superheroes, 8 people that were heroes in their time, but have....passed on from this life....and 8 people who are heroes right now...I put Jesus down...cause you know...Jesus is the greatest superhero of ALL TIME. And someone was like "Jesus was just a man, he didn't do anything heroic, everything people believe about him is a lie" and I got so angry. You know that feeling when you get really mad, and you can feel all the blood rising to your face and your about ready to bust a cap? Yeah...that was me...you do not talk about my daddy like that.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey, I haven't talked to you in awhile. . . sad, but true. And I haven't read your blog in awhile either (but now that I know you are back to blogging I should really start checking it more often). Anyways, this post touched me and made me think, and I thank you for that - making me think. It is a tough situation when someone puts you down for believing in Jesus, or puts Jesus down directly, but is anger a good emotion to have? Jesus got "angry" when he saw what was happening in the temple. . . what is anger? Is it healthy, or sinful? I will have to give this some thought over the next few days.