Friday, May 29, 2009

Amazing Grace

A year ago, I never thought I’d be standing on a street corner singing “Amazing Grace” and “What a mighty God we serve” with a guitar and a group of amazing people and be brought to tears. Well…that is what happened last night. We had an open air on the corner of Main and Hastings and it was beautiful. So many people came and joined us, the Spirit of the Lord was there and it was powerful. People who were passing by were drawn in and heard the word of the Lord, people who were driving by stopped at the red lights with their windows rolled down just so they could hear us…it was truly an amazing event.

Some people say it’s impossible to see beauty in the downtown eastside. But I think it’s impossible to NOT see beauty if you actually WANT to see it.

Amazing Grace is a song that I have heard my whole life, and it’s just been a song, I’ve never really thought about the words until the last couple of months. The Lords grace is so amazing that he saved us from the damnation of Hell! “I was once was lost, but now I’m found. Was blind but now I see.” That line is so beautiful! The Lord desires for us to be with him! He searches for us in hopes that we will return to him. How often do we reject him, and he still has Amazing Grace for us.

Well…that’s my thought for now.

No comments: