Monday, January 21, 2008

In my prayers

So, when I was in Ontario this summer, we were visiting a lot of family, it was amazing, I got to meet a lot of people that I've either never met, or haven't seen since I was 4, so it was really cool. We were in london and we were visiting my moms aunt and uncle (who, by the way are like...in their mid-70's), and their son and his wife came over and we had a grand 'ole time. Then we're sitting there having tea and coffee, and I looked over by the stairs and see this little head peak up. And he left, and then a little girl came up the stairs, it was there foster kids. So I went down and played with them. The little boy had bald patches all over his head, so I was a little confused. They we're absolutely adorable children. They had a 6 month old baby, but my moms aunt and uncle were really of no age to have a baby that young in the house. The baby was taken right from the mom at birth.

I left their house in tears because I knew that I would never see them again. They are very special kids. The little boy wouldn't come near me for a while, then when his sister started playing with me, he started to warm up again. But then when I told them I had to leave soon his response was "when are you coming back?" and it broke my heart because I knew that I wasn't going back to see them. Those kids have had so many foster families, so many people who are only there to play with for a little while and then they leave and no one ever bothers with them again. I saw in his eyes when I told him that I didn't think I could come back that he was disapointed, for the billionth time.

When we left I found out that the bald spots on his head were there because, when he found out that he had to leave his previous foster home, he pulled out his hair, I guess it was a way to relieve anger. But it breaks my heart everytime I think about it. They are very special kids and I wish I could see them again. I think they will always hold a special place in my heart, even though I only knew them for a couple hours.

No comments: